Asphalt shingles are the most popular roofing material across the United States and for good reason! They are affordable, sturdy, and offer a variety of colors and styles to choose from. Installation from a reputable roofing contractor is quick and easy and can last for years with proper maintenance. These qualities are even agreeable to the design and architecture of most homes. There are three main types of shingles to choose from. Three-tab, architectural, and premium luxury shingles. Below is a list of the attributes offered by each.
Three-tab Asphalt Shingles
This type of shingle is designed to look like three separate pieces of shingle, due to the cut-outs in the material.
- Lightweight – excellent for limiting extra weight on the roofing surface
- Affordable – with financing options, they can fit into any budget
- Easy to Maintain – simple roof repairs if needed
- Sustainable – they could be upcycled into paving, or as another asphalt product
- Can last up to 20 years
Architectural Asphalt Shingles
- Sturdy – a more stable and heavier product than three-tab
- Durable – made from multiple layers of material, asphalt, and granular
- Appearance – can be designed to look like slate or cedar shake
- Installation is easy and repairs are simplistic
- Savings of up to 10% on installation costs thanks to federal tax credits
Luxury Asphalt Shingles
- Unmatched durability – thicker and heavier than other shingles making them easier to withstand wind, hail, and snow
- Can protect the home against fires and wind uplift due to the weight
- Boosts home value
- Budget-friendly in comparison to the roofing materials they mimic, such as cedar or shake
- Can last up to 50 years with proper maintenance
How do I know if it’s time for a new roof? Here are some things to keep an eye out for.
- Water stains on the walls or ceiling of your attic
- Cracked or curled shingles
- Missing shingles
- Granules in the gutter system
- The roof looks wavy from a distance
- The roof has exceeded its life expectancy
- Higher energy bills
The next step to a new upgraded asphalt roof is deciding who to trust when installing it. Here are some key factors to consider that can save lots of hassle and money down the road.
Use a company that lives in the area that you do. This company needs to understand the local rules, regulations, and permits for installing a roof. Each city has different guidelines, and it can be worrisome to trust an out-of-towner roofing company. Revolution Roofing in Baton Rouge has been working in the area for over 20 years and we understand the industry and the regulations quite well. We can be reached at (985)232-6276 if you have any questions or concerns regarding permits. (Typical Asphalt Shingle Cost)
We take the time to discuss every aspect of your new roof with you and answer any questions you may have. We don’t have an interest in being vague or aloof when it comes to something as vitally important as your roof. We want you to feel confident in our skills and knowledge. We don’t believe in pressure sales tactics and desire to keep your best interest at heart. (Advantages of asphalt shingles)
Call Revolution Roofing LLC in Baton Rouge today to schedule a free consultation and learn how an asphalt roof can keep your home secure and protected for years to come.